Keylocking Threaded Inserts / Thread Repair Inserts / Thread Insert Products
Acme keylocking threaded inserts are used to quickly repair stripped, damaged or worn out threads. Threaded insert products are also used in original equipment where they strengthen threads in soft metal like magnesium or aluminum.
Our threaded inserts are easy to install and remove. No specialty drills, taps or pre-winder tools are required. The keys are driven down into the threads of the surrounding base material, locking the insert in place.
Acme inserts provide substantial advantages versus Helicoil and Keensert brand products. See the differences between thread insert styles by comparing threaded inserts: Acme vs. Heli-Coil® Inserts and Acme vs. Keensert™ Inserts.
- Solid, one-piece threaded insert construction provides a high degree of pull-out strength
- Keys supply a positive mechanical lock against rotation
- Easy threaded insert installation and removal
- Installed with standard drills and taps
- No pre-winder tool required
- No tang to break off
- May be used in many types of material
- MS/NAS Style threaded inserts are produced to the
- Miniature, Lightweight, Heavy Duty and Extra Heavy Duty threaded insert types with Non-locking and Self-locking internal threads
- Full range of Inch and Metric sizes in coarse or fine pitch threads
- Inserts for specific uses are available in floating, blind end, solid and cast-in configurations
- Industrial Style Threaded inserts can be purchased in bulk quantities or kits