You can be sure with ACME that you’re buying the best bushing for the job. Bushings and accessories have been the backbone of our business since 1914. Our nationwide network of industrial distributors further assures you of prompt personal service.
You may find it helpful first to define your specific needs, and then select a compatible bushing. Standard, off-the-shelf drill bushings are the least expensive. Sometimes, though you may require a special order. Acme will be glad to help you with your toughest requirements.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call our customer service department at : (847) 428-3911 or (800) 323-5582. Our qualified staff of customer service representatives will be happy to assist you or provide you with the name of the ACME distributor nearest you.
Things to consider in selecting the PROPER drill bushing
- Use – To drill, tap or ream?
- Kind – Headless, Head, Slip-Fixed Renewable?
- Production Run – Tungsten Carbide or Titanium Nitride Coated bushings, even at a slightly higher cost than standard steel, will last longer during long production runs.
- Size – Hole size, O.D. size, and length.
- Special Requirements – Threaded O.D., angles, flats on head, other special dimensions.
- Standard or Special – Standard sizes are less expensive. Is a special bushing really necessary or will a standard fill your requirement?
Acme is committed to the concept of manufacturing our bushings without a counterbore. We believe this produces a better, longer lasting and more versatile bushing (especially if you require modified or special bushings). Even though No-Counterbore bushings are more difficult and costly to produce, because close tolerances are required the full length of the bushing, No-Counterbore Bushings Are Standard With ACME! Counterbored bushings will be supplied only upon special request.